Environmental / Sustainability
Procurement / Estimating Officer
Anderson McQue is recruiting for our client who is one of Ireland’s leading renewable energy efficiency companies. Our client provides a wide range of cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions for public, industrial, commercial, agricultural customers working across both Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking to hire an experienced Procurement / Estimating Officer.
Location: Waterford & Remote Working options
Objectives of the Job:
- As part of a small team work collaboratively to develop the Supply Chain function both internally and as a strategic resource, cultivating key stakeholder relationships.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- In conjunction with Manager, set up the estimating process and procedures, systems and database. Maintain the estimating system to ensure prime costs are correct.
- Prepare the tender pricing, documentation, and bid validation
- Preparing quotations, construction handovers, site surveys.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of required goods, materials or services and advise relevant individuals of any impact.
- Proactively update relevant individuals on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the Company meeting customer demands.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Pro-actively contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods, materials or services and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact the business.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
Required Skills for The Role:
- Degree in engineering/quantity surveying
- 5 + years of previous experience in a similar position or appropriate comprehensive experience in similar position
- Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an engineering or utilities environment
- Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please, contact Jochen Leinung at Anderson McQue on + 353(0)86 1022573 or send an up-to-date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help Anderson McQue find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into Anderson McQue’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.