Electrical Distribution Systems Specialist
Do you want to work for a world class company offering fantastic career opportunities?
Anderson McQue is recruiting for our client who is a world leader in providing customized solutions in the Energy, Water- and Waste-Water Treatment and Waste sectors.
Location: Dublin 15
Overview of the role:
The utilities Electrical Distribution System Specialist is responsible for the operation and
maintenance of the site electrical distribution system on our client’s customer site, a biopharmaceutical facility located in Dublin.
The Electrical Distribution System Specialist will assume the role of primary HV Controller for the Electrical Distribution system and operation of the LSS and will work closely with the Electrical Engineering department. Extensive training will be given to the successful candidate.
Day to day of the role:
• All work on site to be carried out in accordance with site EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) and our client’s EHS and cGMP rules and guidelines; any irregularities to be reported to the Maintenance Lead, Site Manager or Engineering Manager.
• Carry out work as per schedule supplied by the Maintenance Lead, Planner and as per site policies, schedules and procedures.
• Plan and perform scheduled and corrective maintenance, including switching plans and switching operations, on Power Control Centre’s, Electrical Automation System, Generator Control Systems, Motor Control Centres and main, emergency and back-up Power Distribution Boards.
• Maintenance, repair, replacement, testing, troubleshooting, on transformers, switches, power circuit breakers, cables, protective relays, metering circuits, control circuits, and other electrical equipment used in the distribution of electric power up to 10kV.
• Plan for all electrical vendor maintenance.
• Review all vendor reports on electrical systems, support the review of electrical elements of mechanical utility systems and make sure follow on items are addressed.
• Draft & Approve Electrical switching plans & LOTO's on electrical systems.
• Fast response & resolution of trips or disturbances on the electrical systems.
• Oversight & Review of all executed/proposed CMMS PM's on electrical systems/electrical elements of utility systems PM's.
• Liaise with the Planner to make sure all regulatory PM's are carried out on time.
• Ownership of operations & maintenance issues to make sure they are followed up on and followed through to completion.
• Oversight & review of the vendor reports on electrical systems/electrical elements of Utility systems.
• Complete site documentation before and after work tasks, as appropriate.
• Liaise with Contractors during planned service maintenance.
• Participate in the appropriate training.
• Carry out Risk Assessment of Equipment Maintenance Task List steps and ensure these are always kept valid.
• Update MTL’s as appropriate.
• Carry out Periodic reviews of EWI/SOP to ensure documents are always current and valid.
• Flexibility to work on equipment in all buildings.
• Work and interact with the client utilities engineering team.
• Flexibility to work around maintenance shutdowns.
• Be familiar with all GMP rules and regulations.
• Be familiar with statutory requirements.
• Be responsible for his/her training curricula and ensure missing requirements are completed.
• Maintenance of housekeeping standards compatible with pharmaceutical manufacturing in the general plant, control rooms and compatibility with clean room requirements as required.
• Responsible for applying 5 S methodology in all areas.
• Implement and participate in utilities reliability programs.
• If/when required, provide technical input/ support during the implementation of new projects from design through to beneficial use.
Required skills for this role
• Electrical Senior Trades, City & Guilds or equivalent.
• Electrical experience, 5 years minimum and good understanding of the basic fundamentals of the various power distribution systems.
• A background in industrial maintenance.
• Experience on the following:
Medium Voltage Electrical Systems, transformers, control systems, switchgear; motive power panels and distribution, PLC’s, Pumps, HVAC Systems, Compressors, Boilers, steam systems and ancillary services, (DHW skids), Chillers, Cooling Towers, Clean steam Boilers.
• Troubleshooting/repair of electrical and control systems.
• Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance Systems.
• Work within a Computerized Maintenance Management Work Order system environment.
• Work within a documented Permit to Work System.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
• Understanding of SOP’s and GMP Engineering systems.
• Understanding of Basic Instrumentation.
• Must be able to demonstrate hands on experience with detailed knowledge/skill in the following area’s:
o Team player.
o Attention to detail
o Methodical & analytical approach to work.
o Good problem solving and trouble shooting ability.
o Good Initiative and pro-active attitude in approach to duties
• Instrumentation Experience on Calibration of: Temperature, Level, Flow, Pressure, Weighing, PLC and/or DCS control systems.
• Building Management Systems (Scada).
• Experience of wastewater treatment plants, PLC’s.
• Troubleshooting/repair of mechanical system
If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require a current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help Anderson McQue find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal
information. This means your details will be entered into Anderson McQue’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.