Commissioning Engineer (Solar & Wind)
Do you want to work for one of Ireland’s leading renewable energy efficiency companies?
Our client provides a wide range of cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions for public, industrial, commercial, agricultural customers working across both Ireland and Northern Ireland.
This role plays a key part of the business, because it will entail commissioning of all Solar and Wind Systems. Previous experience in your unique specialisation, as well as the degrees, training and certifications necessary for your specific role, are essential for success in this position. The ideal candidates meet these qualifications, seek an intense, hands-on role, and apply a highly analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills to their work.
This is a hands-on role in on site commissioning of systems nationwide and travel within Ireland is a requirement of the role which comes with a vehicle.
· Work proactively to ensure performance targets are met
· Share knowledge and impart skills to other team members
· Assist in any other duties which may encompass the role
· Assist with Preconstruction activities and advise such as commission ability reviews and reviews of designs to ensure compliance with standards and best practice.
· Collating and updating commissioning reports from multiple projects.
· Attendance at offsite factory testing and on-site SAT tests
· Assistance with client aftercare during defects liability and post system start up.
· Developing and checking of key commissioning documents.
· Commission all aspects of Solar and Wind Turbine Systems inc. LV & MV Equipment, Comms, BMS, Scada
· Carry out relay testing and witness testing with clients and signing off installations prior to final energisation
Experience and Qualifications
· Third Level Degree or equivalent in education and experience
· Understanding of BMS controls commissioning and of other control packages such as SCADA, BAS & EPMS.
· Ability to Work with, program and commission
ComAp InteliPro & Intelimains
G10 & EGIP/G59/G99
Omicron & CPC Machines
Primary and Secondary Injections
Reverse Power relays & power meters
CT & VTs
Solar PV Inverters, data loggers, import export meters
· Knowledge of renewable energy sector would be an advantage.
· Competitive salary commensurate with experience
· Company Pension*
· Death in Service*
· Income Protection*
· Flexible Friday*
· Hybrid working*
· Bike to Work Scheme *
· Professional Membership fees*
· Training & CPD*
*Available upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to the company’s culture and invites you to be part of this diversity.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Jochen Leinung (+353-861022573) at Anderson McQue by sending an up-to-date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help Anderson McQue find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into Anderson McQue’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.