Environmental / Sustainability
Automation & Instrumentation Technician
Anderson McQue (Part of MPA Group) is recruiting for our client who is a world leader in providing customised solutions in the Energy, Waste-Water Treatment and Waste sectors.
Location: Grange Castle Business Park
Overview of the Role:
The Automation & Instrumentation Technician will work alongside the Maintenance and Calibration team. The successful candidate will liaise with the contract team, client engineering and equipment vendors for all issues ensuring efficient operation of process control of instrumentation to the automated systems in assigned building, i.e. BMS, QBMS, MCS, and VPE. Also resolving any automation issues relating to utilities plant equipment including electrical, pneumatic, PLC, electro- mechanical and final control elements.
Day to Day of the Role:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting across all client industrial controls and automated systems.
- Attending daily pass down meetings and participating in discussions around current issues etc.
- Resolving any issues that arise in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintenance, calibration and repair of all types of instrumentation.
- Coordination and supervision of vendors and subcontractors on site.
- Completion of all related day to day documentation in compliance with site and regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Delivery of delegated engineering tasks in compliance with cGMP.
- Keep training current in line with client’s requirements, i.e. SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), EWI’s (Engineering Work Instructions), etc.
- When necessary, review all Maintenance Task Lists, SOP’s, EWI’s, and other relevant documentation to instigate the necessary changes post review.
- All work on site to be carried out in accordance with site EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) and company internal EHS rules and guidelines.
- Liaise with client Automation group.
- Any other activities as directed by the Veolia Contract Manager.
Required Skills for the Role:
- National Craft Certificate (or equivalent) in appropriate disciplines including E&I (Electrical and Instrumentation), Electrical, Instrumentation Technician, Electro-Mechanical discipline.
- Cert/diploma/degree (or equivalent) in appropriate Industrial Automation Controls/ Electrical/Instrumentation discipline.
- Experience of SCADA / PLC.
- Analogue / Digital IO systems.
- Loop checking.
- Electrical, schematic, circuit diagram reading and P&ID.
- Process automation experience.
- Troubleshooting/repair of Low Voltage Electrical Systems.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience in pharmaceutical environment (Desirable).
- Good documentation skills.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical & Analytical approach to work.
- Strong decision-making skills.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please, contact Jochen Leinung at Anderson McQue on + 353(0)86 1022573 or send an up-to-date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help Anderson McQue find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into Anderson McQue’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.