Environmental / Sustainability
Bonus, Pension, Medical Ins., Buy/Sell Annual Leave, 25 days AL, Paid sick leave
Cork and Sligo
Associate Director Ireland (1x Cork, 1x Sligo)
Anderson McQue is recruiting for our client who is Europe’s leading independent environmental consultancy specialising in freshwater and marine ecology and aerial surveys. Our client has offices in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the US. They are very passionate about the environment and its proper management, protection and sustainable use.
Due to continued growth of their Project Management Office (PMO) in the UK our client is looking for an Associate Director, Ireland.
Job Title: Associate Director Ireland
Salary: Competitive and Rewarding + Benefits
Hours: Standard Business
Reports to: Divisional Director
Location: Cork and Sligo (1 position each)
Our client is looking for an experienced Associate Director to support and work alongside the Divisional Director to further develop their Cork and Sligo based Irish division. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established consultancy who collectively form a team of aquatic and terrestrial ecologists and scientists with cross-cutting expertise in terrestrial and aquatic ecology, fisheries science, hydrology, hydro/geomorphology and water quality, to deliver a range of projects for Irish environment and conservation agencies and regulators, government bodies, water and energy companies and industries.
You will be demonstrably experienced within a similar role and will preferably have chartered status with CIEEM, CIWEM or a similar body, or at least working towards it. You will ideally be a seasoned consultant with an MBA and good business brain. You will be energetic and enthusiastic, with a can-do, optimistic outlook, able to write tenders and manage projects for existing clients. You will thrive under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines whilst remaining calm and focussed.
- Ideally you will hold a PhD or MSc in an Environmental subject
- Minimum 10 years’ postgraduate working experience
- Full Chartered status or a minimum of Full Membership of a Chartered Institution (desirable)
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of the Irish environmental sector
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Irish regulators, key businesses (such as water, energy and infrastructure) and associated stakeholders
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of Irish environmental regulations and associated reporting and roles, such as Appropriate Assessment, NIS, EcIA, ECoW etc
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of private sector environmental consultancy
- To have a demonstrable, extensive and established wide network of Irish contacts.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please, contact Jochen Leinung at Anderson McQue on + 353(0)86 1022573 or send an up-to-date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help Anderson McQue find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into Anderson McQue’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.